I have done 10 facts about China and Mexico….. Now it’s Ireland’s turn!
- The Irish flag consists of vertical stripes of green, white and orange. Green represents the Nationalists of the Republic of Ireland, the orange represents the Unionists of Northern Ireland … and the white signifies the peace between the two.
2. The worlds longest running talk show comes from Ireland; RTE’s ‘The Late Late Show’.
3. The White House in Washington was designed by an Irish man.
4. Ireland has it’s own sports; hurling and gaelic football.
5. There are no wild snakes in Ireland.
6. The harp is the national symbol.
7. Halloween derived from an Irish festival called Samhain. It is a Gaelic Festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter.
8. The island is divided into Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, while Southern Ireland is called the ‘Republic of Ireland’ and is an independent country.
9. Has two official languages; Irish and English.
10. Brú na Bóinne is a Megalithic site and it is even older than the Egyptian pyramids!
There you have it, some interesting facts about Ireland!